Saturday, July 31, 2010

Raspberry Sake Sparkler: An Easy & Elegant Simple Saturday Sipper


I have a penchant for buying many cute little bottles of sparkling sake at the Japanese market. They are fun, the perfect size for a couple of cocktails, and it gives me a chance to try out different kinds without making a commitment to a large bottle. This pretty pink one is called "Hana-Awaka" which according to the label means "Sparkling Flower." The label describes is as "Gently sweet with balanced tartness, complements sweet dishes or desserts."


It is quite delicious on its own, but sometimes a girl needs a pretty sparkling cocktail to help her relax after a crazy week. The pink bottle and some organic raspberries in my fridge made me think of the bottle of raspberry framboise sitting in my bar and thus the Raspberry Sake Sparkler was born. It is lightly sweet, bubbly and an elegant Simple Saturday Sipper.


Raspberry Sake Sparkler
by Deb, Kahakai Kitchen

raspberry liqueur (I used framboise)
sparkling sake (or a sparkling wine or champagne)
fresh raspberries to garnish

In a champagne flute, place 2 Tbsp of raspberry liqueur. Top with sparkling sake and serve, garnished with fresh raspberries.

Notes/Results: Very good--bubbly, sweet, but not too sweet, and with a nice raspberry flavor. Quick and simple, this is a perfect cocktail for a warm summer's afternoon or evening. If you can't find sparkling sake, any slightly sweet sparkling wine or champagne would work. I will make this again.



Don't forget to enter my giveaway for a $75.00 electronic gift certificate to spend on unique artisanal goods at the Novica website. Find the details here.

Happy Saturday!

9 comments:

  1. Sparkling sake...sounds perfect to me since regular sake is a bit too intense. Except in sake bombs. Then it's lovely.

    This sounds like such a refreshing cocktail. Definitely necessary when you've had one of THOSE weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds lovely! and looks fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture! If the sun ever returns to our San Diego coast we will definitely have to give this a try.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh I wish I lived near you, we could sip every Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does, indeed, look like a relaxing refresher. I've never had sparkling sake. I'll have to keep my eyes open for it. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks like one of those cocktails that goes down way too easily:) I can see myself drinking one and wanting another one!

    The Japanese market sounds like a fun place to visit. So fun to try new things.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!! Oh my gosh, I can just imagine myself on a deck overlooking the ocean...sipping these ALL DAY LONG! Beautiful Deb =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Deb - What a splendid and creative way to enjoy Hana Awaka! Thanks so much!

    Kanpai,

    Tim Hallett
    Ozeki Sake/Scoperta Importing
    www.scopertaimports.com

    ReplyDelete

Mahalo for visiting and for leaving a comment. I love reading them and they mean a lot!

All advertising, spam, inappropriate (or just plain rude) comments will be promptly deleted. I do appreciate your right to free speech and to your opinion but I'm not into mean, rude, or mean snarky (non-mean snarky is just fine!) ;-)